Tuxedos are formal attire usually associated with parties and weddings. Most tuxedo parties are black ties, meaning guests wear tuxedos or evening gowns. The history of the tuxedo is long, but this article will give you a brief intro about how to wear a men’s tuxedo. A man should first find the correct christian dior white tuxedo shirt size for his shirt since it is the outfit’s foundation. Then, he should follow the following sizing chart for the pants and jacket.
Things to Consider –
To make sure that the clothes fit, a man should pay attention to these things.
- The length of the shirt sleeve. When wearing a tuxedo, you don’t want to show much skin on your arm. Therefore, the length of the sleeve should be at least 1 inch above your knuckles when you make a fist with your first two fingers extended.
- The shirt collar should sit close to your neck. It should not be loose, and it shouldn’t be too tight.
- Ensure that the pants do not bunch up when you sit down (or squat). They should also not sag too low on you either.
- The jacket lapels must rest flat on your chest (not too high nor too low).
- The pants and jacket should be the same color. In addition, there should not be a line running down the middle of your body (except for the vest).
- The pants should not obstruct your walking when you walk or move around.
- The tuxedo shirt cufflinks should match your studs and cufflinks if you are wearing any.
- Matching shoes and socks with your tuxedo is optional, but they help make things look more formal and polished overall.
- The inside of the tuxedo shirt collar should be clean and free from lint.
Men’s tuxedo accessories include a boutonniere, cufflinks, studs, a cummerbund, a bow tie, and shoes. At Black Tux, you can order all your accessories as well as your custom-fit tuxedos in one place with no minimum order required.
A boutonniere is an optional accessory worn on the lapel by some men. The boutonniere is purely decorative and has no functional use. The boutonniere is typically a flower, but it can also be a lovely pin that compliments your outfit well.
Cufflinks are another optional accessory for your tuxedo. They are small studs worn on the shirt’s cuffs to hold them down in place. The cufflinks can match your shirt studs, or they can also match your studs and cufflinks.
Studs and cufflinks can be worn on the shirt, depending on your preference. The studs are usually small metal buttons that keep the cuff of your shirt in place. Typically, men wear studs when they wear a suit jacket with dress slacks. They are purely decorative and have no functional use.
A cummerbund is an accessory worn around the waist over a tuxedo shirt to ensure that the shirt stays in place when you sit down or move around. It is purely decorative and has no functional use.
A bow tie can be worn on a tuxedo shirt or its own as an accessory for a blazer, jacket, or suit. The bow tie is purely decorative and has no functional use. Here at Black Tux, you can order either a pre-tied bow tie or a self-tie bow tie, depending on your preference.
Shoes are another optional accessory that is worn with your tuxedo. Black Oxfords or black leather loafers are the most popular types of shoes worn with black tie formal wear. Other options include tuxedo boots, Chelsea boots, and patent leather shoes. The shoes should match your suit color as closely as possible, but they don’t have to match it exactly.
These are some of the significant aspects mentioned that can help you know how to wear a men’s tuxedo easily.